Sometimes (it is random I think) you will see a image above a comic.
Clicking that image will allow
you to transcribe the comic. Here are some complicated instructions for how to transcribe things the
way! I know it looks scary, but keep in mind that I vet everything
before it goes into the search database, so if you make a mistake it
not make everything bad forever.
Confused? Here are some example comics!
- Hit return once after each person's dialogue, and twice to start a
new panel. If someone has two or more word balloons in the same panel,
separate the balloons in your transcription with a slash.
- Ignore italics or bold, but if something is all-caps then transcribe
it as all-caps.
- Include who is saying each line. If it is a random person, calling
them Random Person is fine. Or Nondescript Dude. Or whatever. Use your best judgement.
- If a line comes from offpanel, transcribe it as Person [offpanel]:
is transcribed as Narration: "whatever"
- Descriptive arrowy text is transcribed as [insert text
- Sound effects are transcribed as [SFX: whatever]
- Text describing actions is transcribed as Person:
- Thoughtbubbles and reactiony punctuation are
transcribed as .
o O (whatever) (that's a period, a little o, and a big o there)
- After the transcription of the comic proper, if there is silly
tagline text, hit enter twice and then transcribe it as [Tagline:
- If you are not entirely sure what something is, and/or I used some
weird symbol or something instead of real words, put the questionable bit
between some question marks.
- If a panel has no dialogue, sound effects, or other transcribey
things, ignore it and move on to the next panel.
- If a given strip has no words whatsoever,
*and* no silly tagline text (are you remembering the tagline text?),
it requires no transcription.
- You can just leave the title field as what it fills itself in as.
- HTML does not work!
The snail: "Hi."
Ondine: "Greetz, yo."
Ondine: "Oh no! / I am suddenly on fire!"
Narration: "But really, the fire was software. In cyberspace."
[Tagline: Confucius say, "Wha? How would I be saying anything? I'm
Corey [offpanel]: "What?"
Ro: . o O (...?)
The snail: *shrug*
Ro: "You used to have a mullet."
Corey: . o O (She's learned my secret... I have only one choice.)
[Tagline: Unauth repro results in yet more transcription rules]
Get it? Yay! Let's transcribe!